- Ideally stairs should be constructed in South. West or South-west corners to gain good wealth and for inmates health. However, stairs in other corners lead to loss of wealth.
- Stairs should be constructed clock i.e. clock wise and anti-clockwise stairs should be avoided.
- Number of stairs should not be even numbers or zero at unit place such as 10, 20, 30; stairs are good in odd number for instance 3, 9, 11, 13 etc.
- Avoid stairs in Brahmsthan- Centre of the house which is inauspicious. Main stair should never originate from strong room, kitchen and pooja room.
- Circular stairs should also be avoided.
- Stairs arising from South, West or South-west are auspicious and beneficial in terms of financial gain.
- The starting stair should not be round.
- Unruly and bad conditioned stairs create mental instability and stress among inmates. Thus stairs should be kept in good condition through repair.
- Room having staircase in South-west direction is not good for occupant and lead to problems like hypertension, anemia and other complicated disease which are sometimes incurable